Dr. Avi Islur received his bachelor of science degree in biology at The University of Western Ontario in 1998, then obtained his medical degree from The University of Toronto in 2002 and went on to complete his residency in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at The University of Manitoba in 2007. Additional sub-specialty training in 2008 was completed in San Francisco at the prestigious Buncke Clinic. Dr. Islur is currently practicing in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Published author of articles and book chapters in plastic surgery, reconstructive surgery and microsurgery literature. He has presented research at national and international reconstructive and plastic surgery conferences. Dr. Islur travels regularly, visiting with leaders in the field of reconstructive and cosmetic plastic surgery to teach and exchange surgical information. He is constantly refining his techniques and operates with the most advanced technology on the market.
- Board Certified in Plastic + Reconstructive Surgery by The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Member of the Canadian Society of Plastic Surgery
- Member of the Canadian Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Chief of Plastic Surgery at St. Boniface General Hospital
- Director of the Plastic Surgery Residency training program at the University of Manitoba
- Spotlighted by The Leading Physicians of the World
- Selected as a Top Doctor by the International Association of Healthcare Professionals
- Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba
- On the editorial board for the journal Microsurgery
- Reviewer for the Canadian Journal of Plastic Surgery
- Dr. Islur was born and raised in Toronto, Ontario. Throughout his life, Dr. Islur has studied all forms of art and has carried this passion and study into his career.
Dr. Islur’s surgical approach is based on the ideals of natural aesthetics. The Canadian way of life, where appreciation of beauty, simplicity, functionality and healthy living influences everything we do.