1. Initial consult
- Bring a padded bra that reflects your breast augmentation goals. This allows you to compare for sizing and projection between your implant and your padded bra.
- Bring a tight fitting t-shirt or tank-top with you as well, seeing yourself in clothing makes it easier to see and determine the changes you desire.
- Be open to suggestions. Breast implant placement subglandular (above the chest muscle) or submuscular (below the chest muscle) and incision (breast crease or nipple) is determined by Dr. Islur based on your existing anatomy.
- Your implant size/volume will be determined by a common understanding between you and Dr. Islur. Projection (the amount the implant projects beyond your chest) is entirely your decision. Taking your unique body measurements into account is an extremely important part of planning your breast augmentation.
- Sizing is very patient specific…just because your friend has an implant size that you think looks great, does not necessarily mean that implant is the right size for you.
- Relax and look forward to your new breasts!!
- Let your employer know you may be away for 1 week from work in order to recover from surgery.
- Doctor notes are available and are very confidential. Your doctors note will not indicate the type of surgery you had.
- Wear your compression bra for the 1st week. Wear a non-padded/non-push-up under-wire bra from week 1 to week 4.
- Apply cold compresses 3x/day (soak a towel and put in the fridge for 1 hour or in the freezer for 20 minutes) to decrease swelling, and take your prescribed antibiotics.
- Massage incision lines (just your incision lines, do not massage your new breast implants) and protect your incision from the sun when wearing shear clothing or a bikini top. Wear sunscreen SPF 50 or higher for 1 year.
- Incision line massage and sunscreen application can start 2 weeks after your surgery.
- Please note that your cosmetic surgery will be custom tailored to your unique needs, individual results and recovery instructions may vary.
Latest posts by Avi Islur (see all)
- How To Book Your Cosmetic Surgery With Dr. Avi Islur - March 26, 2019
- Should I Massage My Breasts After Breast Implant Surgery? - March 8, 2019
- Should I Get a Breast Lift With My Breast Augmentation? - March 2, 2019