What Can Breast Reduction Surgery Do For You?
Breast reduction is performed to reduce the weight and volume of your breasts, returning them to a youthful shape and size.
- Excess fatty tissue in the breast, along with glandular tissue and excess skin are removed.
- Areolas (dark skin around the nipple) are reduced in size to match your newly reduced breasts.
- Reduces back pain, neck strain and shoulder grooving from bra straps.
- Improves posture.
- Performed under general anesthetic in 1.5 to 2 hours most commonly through an “anchor” or “lollipop” incision. Some select cases may be performed by liposuction alone through tiny incisions.
- Your breast reduction surgery will be custom tailored to your unique needs, individual results may vary.
Breast Reduction Surgery With Dr. Avi Islur
Selected as a Top Doctor by the International Association of Healthcare Professionals and spotlighted by The Leading Physicians of the World, Dr. Islur is known as a top rated Plastic Surgeon in Canada. He is also an active member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery which includes worldwide leaders in plastic surgery and the highest standards of patient safety.
With extensive specialized training and experience in microsurgery and breast reduction, Dr. Islur can restore your comfort by adjusting your breasts to a better-proportioned size and appearance.
What to Expect Before + After Your Breast Reduction Surgery
At your consultation, Dr. Islur will spend as much time as you need to discuss your breast reduction surgery and will answer all of your questions. For your convenience, Dr. Islur has provided answers to the most common questions he hears about breast reduction on our FAQ page.
Breast Reduction Recovery
Please view Dr. Islur’s Post Operative Care Instructions for breast reduction to get an idea of what you can expect after your surgery. Please note that breast reduction surgery is custom tailored to each patient, individual results may vary.
Get a bird’s eye view of what you can expect pre and post surgery.
Out of Province Patients
Because of Dr. Islur’s extensive training and experience in breast surgery, patients travel from all areas of the world for breast reduction surgery in Winnipeg. If you are an out of province patient, let us know so we can accomodate an appropriate time for your consultation and surgery date.
Dr. Islur is known as a top rated Plastic Surgeon for breast reduction in Winnipeg, MB and across Canada, don’t miss out on your preferred surgery date, reserve your consultation with Dr. Islur today.
Latest posts by Avi Islur (see all)
- Tummy Tuck Surgery with Abdominal Sutures - October 2, 2018
- Tummy Tuck Surgery, Before + After - September 28, 2018
- RealTime Video Consultations for Out Of Province Patients - August 6, 2018