What Can Liposuction Do For You?
Liposuction is performed to remove localized and well defined collections of fat from the body. This procedure is performed through the use of small incisions made in inconspicuous or “hidden” areas on your body. A small thin cannula is then used to suction the unwanted fat.
- Liposuction creates a more balanced silhouette and appearance.
- Ideal candidates are those in good medical health who maintain a healthy/active lifestyle with hard to lose body fat in specific locations.
- Liposuction is not a weight loss technique.
- Liposuction surgery is performed under either local anesthetic with sedation or general anesthetic in 1-3 hours depending on the areas treated.
Areas Treated Include: Abdomen, Love handles, Back, Chest, Thighs, Hips and Buttocks
Results are generally seen 1 to 3 months after surgery as there can be some swelling in the treated areas immediately after surgery. Optimal results occur when a healthy lifestyle is maintained and weight is maintained. Weight gain may alter the results. Your liposuction surgery will be custom tailored to your unique needs, individual results may vary.
Liposuction Surgery With Dr. Avi Islur
Selected as a Top Doctor by the International Association of Healthcare Professionals and spotlighted by The Leading Physicians of the World, Dr. Islur is known as a top rated Plastic Surgeon in Canada. He is also an active member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery which includes worldwide leaders in plastic surgery and the highest standards of patient safety.
With extensive specialized training and experience in microsurgery and body countouring, Dr. Islur can tighten and tone targeted areas to achieve the aesthetic results you desire.
What to Expect Before + After Your Liposuction Surgery
At your consultation, Dr. Islur will spend as much time as you need to discuss your liposuction surgery and will answer all of your questions. For your convenience, Dr. Islur has provided answers to the most common questions he hears about liposuction on our FAQ page. Please note that liposuction is custom tailored to each patient, individual results may vary.
Get a bird’s eye view of what you can expect pre and post surgery.
Out of Province Patients
Because of Dr. Islur’s extensive training and experience in microsurgery and body contouring, patients travel from all areas of the world for liposuction surgery in Winnipeg. If you are an out of province patient, let us know so we can accommodate an appropriate time for your consultation and surgery date.
Latest posts by Avi Islur (see all)
- RealTime Video Consultations for Out Of Province Patients - August 6, 2018
- Breast Augmentation with Implants, Before + After - August 3, 2018
- Everything You Need To Know About Capsular Contracture - July 12, 2018