As you age, your breasts can lose volume, you may have less cleavage, loose skin can start to appear and your nipple may fall lower on your breast. Breast implant and breast lift surgery can address all of these concerns.
What Are The Major Differences Between Breast Lift And Breast Implant Surgery?
Breast lift and breast augmentation are two different surgical procedures. Depending on your desired outcome, existing anatomy, and surgical goals, these procedures can be done as individual procedures separately or they can be done at the same time.
Breast implant surgery is performed to give you larger breasts.
Breast lift surgery can improve the appearance of sagging breasts and nipple position. This is accomplished by raising and reshaping the breast tissues as well as tightening the underlying supportive breast tissue. Breast lift surgery does not result in larger breasts.
Although breast lift and breast augmentation are two different surgical procedures, they can be performed at the same time to optimize results.
The addition of an augmentation when having a breast lift can help to replace volume that has been lost from your breasts.
If you have sagging breasts, poor nipple positioning and you’d like to increase the size of your breasts, getting both procedures done — augmentation and a lift — might be the best option for you.
Can My Droopy Breasts Be Corrected With Breast Implants Alone Or Do I Need A Breast Lift?
Your droopy breasts can be corrected by breast implants alone, however, that is not the right solution for everyone. The proper procedures for your surgery are determined by your aesthetic goals and your existing anatomy. Here are some tips to help you understand which procedure is best for you.
Breast implants on their own are a great choice when:
- Your breast drooping is mild.
- You are comfortable with having larger breasts.
- When looking at your breasts in a mirror your nipple is still near the center of your breast and your nipple does not point downward.
- If you can see more than 2 cm of breast skin below your areola — your areola is the dark skin around your nipple.
- Please note that you may also need a breast lift to achieve your aesthetic goals. Dr. Islur will let you know whether a lift is required with your breast implant surgery during your assessment.
Breast augmentation surgery alone can result in breasts that are fuller and more beautiful, but the position of your nipples might be relatively low and the shape of your breasts can be somewhat pendulous.
Breast lift alone is a great choice when:
- Your breast drooping is moderate to severe.
- You are already a C or D cup and don’t want your breasts to be larger.
- Your areola — the dark skin around your nipple — is too large and you’d like to have it reduced.
- When looking at your breasts in a mirror your nipple is pointing downward and you cannot see any breast skin below your areola.
- If your areola is positioned at the very bottom of your breast.
- Please note that you may also require breast implants to reach your aesthetic goals, Dr. Islur will let you know during your assessment.
The good news is you will not have make this decision on your own. It’s important to have a consultation and full assessment with a Board Certified Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon. At the time of your assessment, Dr. Islur will determine whether a breast lift, breast augmentation or both are required to reach your aesthetic goals.
Should I Get A Breast Lift And Breast Implant Surgery?
If your aesthetic goals are to have larger, very youthful, perky breasts that will allow you to go without a bra in a sundress then you will probably want to have a breast lift and breast augmentation surgery.
Getting a breast lift and breast augmentation surgery can give you more projection and fullness higher up on your chest, in the upper pole of your breasts.
During your assessment Dr. Islur will be able to determine whether your breast lift and breast augmentation can be done at the same time. Depending on your existing anatomy, your breast lift and breast augmentation might have to be performed in two separate surgeries.
How Do I Reserve My Consultation For Breast Surgery With Dr. Islur?
You can call 204.885.1569 to reserve your initial consultation with Dr. Islur at The First Glance Aesthetic Clinic and Surgery Centre. Dr. Islur is more than happy to meet with you and answer any questions you may have.
- $100 OFF First Time Botox at The First Glance! - September 12, 2019
- Keep Up With Dr. Avi Islur and The First Glance on Instagram & Facebook - September 9, 2019
- Tummy Tuck Surgery Video with Dr. Avi Islur at The First Glance - September 8, 2019