Q. Should I get silicone or saline breast implants?
A. In my opinion, silicone breast implants are the best choice.
Silicone breast implants are safe.
- Silicone implants have been used since the early 1960’s. Since then, breast implant manufacturers have made drastic improvements to the materials that are found in the new generation of silicone breast implants used today. Silicone is very safe and is the benchmark used for biological compatibility within the human body.
There’s a big difference between the old silicone breast implants and the new generation of silicone breast implants.
- The biggest difference is that the new generation of silicone gel-filled breast implants will not leak, deflate or change shape. This is because the silicone strands in the newer models are cross linked, creating a form stable cohesive gel. Even when cut in half, the gel remains intact.
Silicone implants look and feel more natural than saline implants.
- If you’re looking for natural results, silicone is the best choice. Saline implants tend to ripple and fold much easier than silicone breast implants.
Saline breast implants have a silicone shell.
- Even saline implants are encased with a silicone shell.
Yes, saline is an option for breast augmentation; however, it is very rarely used in North America for breast augmentation anymore.
- Keep Up With Dr. Avi Islur and The First Glance on Instagram and Facebook - September 9, 2019
- Tummy Tuck Surgery Video with Dr. Avi Islur at The First Glance - September 8, 2019
- Volux by Juvéderm Dermal Filler - July 30, 2019